Published and Hosted by De Gruyter , Sciendo since 2019.
Indian subcontinent is well respected for its growing research activity in the geosciences, particularly in circum-Himalayan earth science. Pakistan Journal of Geology (PJG) is the peer-reviewed journal of the geologists in Pakistan. The PJG publishes scientific papers, notes, and discussions in the broadly defined fields of geoscience that are related to the geology of Asia. Contributions from Europe and Middle East and Africa are also welcome due to strategic location of Indian subcontinent as well as topical studies on any geoscience-related discipline. Production, publication, and distribution of the PJG are managed by the Zibeline International Publishing. The subject matter includes geology, geophysics, physical geography and pedology. Prospective contributors should consult recent issues of the journal and see whether a planned submission is appropriate. All research articles in this journal have undergone rigorous peer review, based on initial editor screening and single-blind refereeing.
1. The Pakistan Journal of Geology (PJG) is intended for the dissemination of scientific themes of broad interest and original character related to Pakistani and neighboring countries Geosciences, including modern processes and new field and laboratory techniques. There are four regular and two theme issues per year.
2. The PJG publishes Articles, Fast Communications, Articles with Accelerated Review, Letters to the Editor, Editorials and Review Articles.
3. The abstracts may be written in Urdu or, preferably, in English.
4. Articles – the main publication model consists of up to 8.000 words, including references. Fragmented articles will not be accepted (E.g. part 1, part 2). The articles must be readable, regardless any previous article.
5. Discussions – section destined to disclose comments on the recently published Articles, followed by the Replica of the author(s) of the original work. Both texts must be brief, objective and concise.
6. Book Reviews – The reviews are published by invitation of the Editors.
7. Geological News – It is about news which deserve rapid communication.
1. Peer review: articles will be submitted to critical review of at least 2 (two) consultants and, by a third one, in order to conduct a tiebreaker (when one of the reviewers accepts the article and the other one rejects its publication).
2. Type of evaluation: The blind review system will not be adopted, i.e., the consultants will receive the manuscripts with the identification of the authors.
The Pakistan Journal of Geology provides free and open access of its content. Authors will not be charged with any fees for the editorial processing and publication of accepted articles.
Aims & Scope
The Pakistan Journal of Geology intend to publish for;
- Geology of Indian subcontinent, Asia, Europe, Africa and Mediterranean including both onshore and offshore record.
- Papers on Igneous and metamorphic rock of the Precambrian, Paleozoic, Mesozoic and Cenozoic.
- Papers on the structure and properties of the Earth’s crust, tectonophysics, geophysics, economic geology (petroleum and metallic studies)
- Papers on paleontology, stratigraphy, sedimentology and palaeoenvironments of the Paleozoic, Mesozoic and Cenozoic
- Papers on the aspects of Quaternary geology, hydrogeology, Geomorphology, geohazard and climate change.
- Papers on the aspects of Geosciences that societical relevance including Geoheritage, Geotourism, Geoeducation, Geoconservation and Earth management.
- Papers on Geoinformatics, Remote Sensing and GIS.
- Papers on the history of geology in Indian subcontinent, Asia, Middle east, Africa and Europe.
Peer Review Policy
All peer review is single blind and submission is online via Editorial Manager.
Article publishing charge
There is no APC from 2017 to 2020. Authors will pay $300 only from 2021 onwards.
There are no submission charges for this journal.